Sunday 8 March 2009

Monday, 2 March, 2009

The ceiling fans kept me awake all night. I'd only wired them up to tape them so I could sample their rhythms for the Gyles Brandreth/U2 thing but I'll have to have a word with the porter about it. I can't move again. Not twice in 25 years. Bryan all in a tizzy 'cos he can't find his tweezers David Whitfield gave him in Singapore in 1947. Well it was a sight more than DW ever gave me but some people are never going to be happy. Met Chris and Gwyneth in Regent's Park and we set up deckchairs - £5 per five minutes! Very expensive!! - but cloudy, wet afternoon spoiled by that awful bore Wiley with his Ghettos Blaster wanting me to hear more of his beats. Worse even than the ones AN Wilson showed me last week. Went to Paris Theatre to record Just A Minimalist. Patrick Pulsinger was my team captain and on the other side it was Ron Browz and Lance Percival. God, Ron has gone to seed - a far cry from the dashing young man of those dazzling Morocco days. I was indecent. Hopefully David Hatch will edit it out tho'. Bed at eleven. Thinking of Mandalay and then David Davis' speech about Britain becoming a Police State. Traditional. Those uniforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment