Monday 9 March 2009

Monday, 9 March, 2009

This play is Torbay tat and that’s all there is of that. Kenwright says the Royalty Theatre would prefer to stay dark than have us. I warned of this Reverse Racism in my diary entry for 2 February, 1951, but did anyone take any notice? Manzanera in a strop ‘cos he has to cancel session on Friday to come in for extra rehearsal. I said if he doesn’t like it he can stuff it and we’ll get Joss Ackland instead. He really has changed from the pale, innocuously insouciant youth who used to sit on Cale’s lap at parties and pretend to be Nookie the Bear. But those days are prematurely ashen. Homily from Kenwright at 3 PM regarding cast relations. I am continuously baffled by these Homilies as I never intend anyone any harm. Byrne hasn’t rung me for ages. All because of a boiled egg. To bed for traditional antics. Wilfred Pickles chopping up some pork. But the wall was lucent lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment