Tuesday 10 March 2009

Tuesday, 10 March, 2009

Up at 5 to catch the 6:03 train to Swindon for this wellies and lemons business. Brian Cant and Tinchy Stryder (dish) were there too & looking glum. I had to sit in this stinking rowing boat with a hole in it for fully four hours & they didn’t even offer me a Dandelion & Burdock afterwards. Tried to dry me bum in the launderette but the police came straightway & I beat a hasty retreat. One has to remember that when one is out of Town it is Ten Million Years B.C. still. Where is my faith? O, there’s no denying, I lost it in Swansea in ’49 and it ain’t coming back either. Got back in at 5 O’Clock & did haddock Mornay & potato wedges for Bryan & Guinness & Cheesecake for myself. Watched Extreme Fishing With Robson Green. This show has a real touch of class which sets it apart from the other tat trash that’s on. Bet his boat never gets a hole in it. And that he gets paid properly. Moving scene at end when the errant cod wandered back to the farm & the remorseful Robson – it taught us a real lesson about the relationship between humans & animals. Fripp rang halfway through but I didn’t answer. That’ll be the end of his Christmas brackets then. Traditional. James Blunt & the Bachelors with a minty ironing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment