Monday 16 March 2009

Sunday, 15 March, 2009

Peered at myself in the mirror & thought I looked alright for forty two. Then I remembered I was past sixty. Still I was elegant and sufficiently acute of curvature discretion to get nine minutes out of myself. I am arresting in volar thrust profile it has to be said. Fripp rang. Something about wanting to be free. What does he expect me to do about it, for heaven’s sake? I’m not Keith Tippett. Chris & Gwyneth haven’t rung me in ages so I dressed in full morning suit & walked sweating up to Hampstead. It’s a disgrace. When I arrived dear Maggie Smith was with them & embraced me warmly. Spoke of Donald Wolfit as the Gary Windo of Theatre. They asked me whether Shane Richie working with Akon was a good idea. I said I’d ask David Toop for confirmation. Staggered out at a quarter past midnight & got cab back home. Traditional. No Wolfit, no Wayne County and that’s a fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment