Sunday 29 March 2009

Tuesday, 24 March, 2009

Feeling gaily light-headed today ‘cos I went out wearing only the raincoat! Happiness always spells doom so I must be watchful. Brandreth rang to say that he couldn’t keep the boxes full of copies of Another Day On Earth in his flat any more. I hope he rots in hell. At 10 AM the boxes arrived – Brandreth sent a taxi! I covered them with pearly puce paper so it now looks as though I have a 1972 fridge in my front room. He is a good man.

At midday: to LBC to speak of forthcoming Venezuela trip with Big Tony Hadley. Typically the idiot DJ played 30 seconds of “Gold” and nil seconds of “King’s Lead Hat.” I suppose I should be grateful he didn’t mix me up with the New Seekers as happened in the old days of Steamed Wireless. These days Stewed Prunes are an uphill task. Big Tony kept his countenance & spoke well & again restated his wish to obtain a safe Tory seat in the next election. He would certainly be a lively and fertile addition to the dead House of Commons we have at the moment. I really am looking forward to this Venezuela trip I must say. Rang Laurena asking her to get me out of Venezuelan trip as quickly as possible. It’s always the same. I loathe this wholesome cowardice. I keep throwing a brick at it but it keeps coming back purpled. These days are like the last days of the Gulag. Found Derek Nimmo’s old scarlet cummerbund in my 1956 desk drawer. Traditional straightaway. The bishop and the Fry’s Chocolate Cream, but in electrical blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment